PokeSpriter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you love Spriting and Pokemon come here! Tutorials, roleplays, we have it ALL! 
HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hints & Tips

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:07 am

Well, how do we train Pokemon? I need to get all my Pokemon to level 75+. Any help doing that? And don't just say "Rare Candies", I only have one Rare Candy and I can't find any others. I need hints and tips!

Oh, and yes. When you reach Goldenrod in HeartGold or SoulSilver, go to the gaming place and play the Voltorb flip game. You can buy Pokemon using the points you obtain in the Voltorb Flip Game. You can even buy a DRATINI!
Back to top Go down
Backward thgindiM

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:31 am

Well, just make a weaker pokemon first in your party, then switch him out with a stronger one as soon as the battle starts. My Wailord has risen almost 10 levels doing this in the Elite 4 in Sapphire.
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:37 am

But I can't find any strong enough Pokemon to train my Feraligatr and Raikou on... the only place is Mt. Silver, and even Mt. Silver sucks.
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:22 pm

What lvl are they? bacause if they are a high enough lvl, you battle the elite 4 again, and they have lvl 70+, and if you already beat them, and your pokemon are lvl 80+, i would advise battling Red. he'll give you a tough time, and all his pokemon are 80+, so, in my opinion, heartgold and soulsilver are the easiest versions you can get ur pokemon to lvl 100.

Last edited by jimtheman333 on Wed May 12, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SPELLING MISTAKES! YAY!)
Back to top Go down
http://p-s-c.pokemonlegend.org
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:04 am

I'M TRYING TO BEAT RED! GEEZ, WHY DO YOU THINK I'M TRAINING?!

And the Elite Four are now too hard, and Feraligatr and Raikou will never stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:42 pm

srry. well, if the elite 4 is too hard for you, Mt. Silver would be a great place. Remeber, patience is key to success. You can also keep rebattling trainers. their pokemon keep lvling up each time, and they are also great training. Just remember, lvl grinding takes a while, but it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:12 am

Okay. I'm working really hard over at the Battle Frontier to get a Rare Candy for 48 BP. I'm trying out the Battle Tower now, with Buck. HE HAS AN ARTICUNO! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:42 pm

so do i. one elec move, and its dead. if not one, then 2. they aren't that hard to kill. and rare candies aren't an efficeint way to lvl up ur pokemon. just sayin
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:54 pm

48 BP. And any help for defeating a Muk?
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Any pokemon that can learn psycic. that takes them DOWN!!! i took down the poison gym with just that. all One HIt KO. it was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:28 am

Okay, I'll trust in my Lugia for that one. Lugia has Extrasensory and when I find the TM, Physic.
Back to top Go down
JMS

JMS

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 pm

If you can find a Lucky Egg, attach it to your Pokémon and rebattle trainers. You can find these attached to wild Chansey in Gen IV games.

In Pearl/Diamond/Platinum, the best place to train would be near Stark Mountain, in Route 227 - trainers with high-leveled Pokémon, wild Pokémon of considerable levels to keep you entertained when no trainer wants to battle, and a house where you can heal your Pokémon just around the corner.

In HeartGold/SoulSilver, I would suggest Mt. Silver, but I haven't cleared these games yet.

I know this post was late, but I couldn't help adding this info to the topic for future visitors. =)
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:52 am

And for other future references. Silver, are you planning on wi-fi playing? if so, you will need to work on not just lvl, but on EV's, Natures, and movesets. I would suggest Smogon for all of that, and Seribii.net for info on EV's. And don't trust Lugia, because in wi-fi, the most fun battles are without ubers (legendaries).

Here is my wi-fi team. Still working on the game though

Scizor
Feraligatr
Steelix
Salamance
Weavile
Zapdos

The thing on my team is that Zapdos isn't classified an uber, so that gives me a bonus!

But if you aren't planning on wi-fi play, stil, don't TM Lugia too much. Just don't. He's a legendary.
Back to top Go down
JMS

JMS

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:41 am

jimtheman333 wrote:
And don't trust Lugia, because in wi-fi, the most fun battles are without ubers (legendaries).

Actually, there can be great battles in the uber tier, as long as both parties are skilled, because there are many strategies one can use only with legendaries (There's Kyogre and Groudon with their permanent rain/sun, for instance). If

However, I also prefer using other Pokémon. My favourite pokémon to use are NUs and UUs (the Pokémon that most people don't use), as they can often perform original strategies that can even face ubers. Wink

Also, if you're going for Wi-Fi, you don't even have to focus on Level, as there's the Level 100 battle anyways. Smile

(By the way, I like your team)
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:41 pm

i know wat NU, UU, BL, OU, ubers, and stuff like that are. And i wouldn't trust ubers, because the moveset it tough, and very limited as for others.also, getting EV's up is much harder because most legends are lvl 50+ and you're closer to 100, therefore less time for ev's. Also, they don't have the nature you want most the time, and that makes you even MORE mad, and last of all, ubers are like beginners ace. They use them because they are really strong so they don't have to do all of the EV's and stuff, when the just kick gutt over all. As for using other pokemon, there is more strategy to it, unlike a full on attemp. An as for my team, it'll take a while.

Back to you Silver. If your doing Wi-fi, work on the game first. beat all Kanto region gyms and rematch elite 4, then work on your wi-fi team.
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 am

I don't have wi-fi, so I don't care about wi-fi.
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:28 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I've found the perfect way to train!!!! ITS JUST PERFECT!!!!

Okay, this will take some time, so read this guide before you do it.

You will need:
-Plains objects for Safari Zone and ALOT of patience
-If plains objects, A lvl 41-42 pokemon and maz repels
-If ALOT of patience, a lvl 25-30 pokemon with knock off
-Some pokegear numbers for rematch trainers.

OKAY! Lets begin

1. Make sure you have the meadow in the safari zone, and place 12+ plains objects in it.
2. Make sure you also have the lvl 41-42 pokemon with you in front, and use a max repel.
3. Now that you have everything, start chansey farming. Keep using the max repels once the earlier one runs out.
4. What your looking for is a lucky egg. it doubles your exp. so once you find a chansey, just keep throwing safari balls at it. you will catch one.
5. once you find the lucky egg, leave the safari.

Now that you have the lucky egg, give it to the desired pokemon.
Now go and rematch a trainer. Its perfect training.

This theory works best if training for the rematch of the elite four. Not red.
For trainer rematch times and where, go to this url: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml

i hope this helps suicune.
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:57 am

???
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 pm

UGH! long story short: find a lucky egg, and rematch abunch or trainers
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Um.... what the h*** is a lucky egg and how do I find it?
Back to top Go down
jimtheman333

jimtheman333

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:04 pm

woops. didn't quite define that. it is an item that chansey holds. 5% of holding it, so thats why you need patience
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Not looking for Lucky Egg. Not following your technique. There's a better technique : train at Mt. Silver for ages, use some Rare Candies to nudge Golem forwards then once Golem is Lv 50+, go to kill Red.
Back to top Go down
JMS

JMS

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Lucky Eggs are pretty useful to train your Pokémon faster.

I got one in Pearl, in the Trophy Garden (caught enough Chansey to fill up a box and a half), but this method seems way more effective.

They aren't essencial, but they're useful.
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
Head MOD
Head MOD
Demonic Wings

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:27 am

*whistles* POKEDEX! Where's the Chansey entry?! Do I even have a Chansey entry?!
Back to top Go down
Neaco

Neaco

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:53 pm

While I havn't played all the way through any of the games since 3rd gen, i try to use a tough love technique. regardless whether you win or loose a fight, xp earned is xp saved. the character honestly has an infinite source of income and loosing trainer battles isnt all that expensive, especially compared to the potential xp earned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hints & Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hints & Tips   Hints & Tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hints & Tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PokeSpriter :: Pokemon Games-
Jump to: