PokeSpriter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you love Spriting and Pokemon come here! Tutorials, roleplays, we have it ALL! 
HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Third dimension?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JMS

JMS

The Third dimension? Empty
PostSubject: The Third dimension?   The Third dimension? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Hello. Very Happy

I am here to talk about 3D models. You know, the ones used in 3D games and Pixar movies?
These ones?

Well, anyway, do you have any experience in 3D modelling? I have wanted to learn how to do it properly for a long time, but I never had the patience to. I made an ugly Jigglypuff a few years ago with Milkshape 3D, and I wanted to improve... but I don't know which tutorial is best for me, and which tool I should use. And instead of Googling it, I wanted to try asking here first, to see if I can find someone which can help me.

The Third dimension? Th_Completepuff-1
Yes, 2D mouth and eyes. Thinking back, I should have made its hair thingy 2D as well, instead of those blobs. Click for better quality image (This will only make the image become clearer. The model will remain just as crappy)

So, do you like modelling? If so, which software do you use? Can you show us some of your models?
Thank you!

Oh, and I hope this is the correct section. I thought I'd put it in "Graphic Art", since, well, it's a type of art; but then I thought I shouldn't put this there because content isn't the core of this post.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Third dimension? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third dimension?   The Third dimension? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:11 pm

I just downloaded Milkshape 3D last night, so I'm no expert at it but it looks like it has some potential.

I have absolutely no experience at all, but I am having a pretty easy time with Milkshape. Sure, I can't figure out how to make things have color or arms or anything like that, but I can make Igglybuff's body and head poofs.

I don't think you should be using Milkshape if you're planning on making something advanced, but it does look like a good program for beginners when you are just learning how to make models and the basics of 3D modeling.

Go ahead and Google for some tutorials. I don't think anyone else here has any experience in modeling either, but I could be wrong. After all, a tutorial won't hurt anyone now will it?

I hope you have some luck in finding a tutorial, and become a great 3D modeler. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://pokespriter.forumotion.com

The Third dimension?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PokeSpriter :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: